MEET THE MUSICIANS
- Principal trumpet with the Plano Symphony Orchestra.
- Glen is also principal trumpet with the Irving Symphony Orchestra and performs with the Classic Brass Quintet. Glen also performs occasionally with the Imperial Brass , Dallas Opera, Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra, and Dallas Winds.
- He performs regularly at Saint Michaels and All Angels as well Royal lane Baptist Church.
- He earned an undergraduate degree from Indiana University
- Mr. Hummel performed with Bob Hope, B.J. Thomas, The Spinners and Doc Severenson.
- Glen is retired from cabinet making and focuses on trumpet and projects for his two daughters. Now a grandpa ‘Wendy” is 1 years old and the second is on the way.
- He grew up in Elkhart, IN where they make trumpets.
Simon was born in England and graduated from the University of London
He cruised the Mediterranean and Caribbean performing with the Cunard and Holland America Cruise Lines!
Simon regularly performs on trumpet, trombone, bass trombone, euphonium, and tuba!
- Simon has recorded for the BBC, PBS, CNN, Disney, National Geographic and the Golf Channel.
- He has also performed with many artists ranging such as Andrea Bocelli, Wayne Bergeron, Phil Woods, Paul Anka, Doc Severinson, Johnny Mathis, Allen Vizzuti, , Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, The O’Jays, The Temptations, Hans Zimmer, Weird Al Jankovic, Martina McBride, Hugh Jackman and the Who.
- He has also played for many National touring shows such as Chicago, Anything Goes, Mary Poppins, The Wizard of Oz and Les Miserables.
- Piccoloist with the Plano Symphony Orchestra.
- Currently teaches flute, music history, and music theory at Collin College and performs regularly with the Dallas Winds and Irving Symphony Orchestra.
- Earned a doctoral degree from UT Austin where she studied with Marianne Gedigian, a master’s degree from the University of Southern California under Jim Walker, and an undergraduate degree from UNT under Dr. Mary Karen Clardy.
- Jennifer played piccolo on a Grammy nominated album “John Williams at the Movies” with the Dallas Winds
- Jennifer picked the flute in sixth grade because the case fit in her backpack!
- Jennifer has three beautiful children who also love to be on stage: Elaina, Sophia, and Logan.
- Jennifer has a dog and 2 cats and has fostered almost 100 puppies and kittens!.
- Principal bassoonist with the Plano Symphony Orchestra.
- Plays principal bassoon in the Dallas Chamber Symphony and Irving Symphony, plays second bassoon with the Richardson Symphony, and plays contrabassoon with the Dallas Winds and East Texas Symphony, and frequently subs with the Dallas Opera, Dallas Symphony and Ft. Worth Symphony
- Earned a master’s degree from SMU where she studied with Wilfred Roberts and an undergraduate degree in bassoon performance and piano pedagogy from Baylor.
- Currently teaches 40 private bassoon students in the Dallas area, plays piano and accompanies her bassoon students at their competitions, teaches online lessons for American River college in California, and filmed an entire set of beginner lessons for MusicProfessor.com.
- Leslie started piano at age 5, played the flute, sang in choirs, and was drum major for her high school band.
- Leslie is a busy mom with her three children, Callie, Gavin, and Clark, and a big black lab/poodle named Shiner Bach.
- Leslie plays on multiple competitive tennis teams!
- Violist with the Plano Symphony Orchestra.
- Additionally plays with the Irving Symphony Orchestra as well as with the Dallas based Grammy nominated chamber ensemble Voices of Change. She also performs regularly with the Ft. Worth Symphony Orchestra.
- Earned an undergraduate degree at the University of Southern California studying under Donald McInnes and Ralph Fielding. She later attended SMU while studying with Barbara Sudweeks, Associate Principal Violist of the Dallas Symphony Orchestra.
- Has participated in masterclasses and chamber music coaching’s with Yo Yo Ma, Andre Watts, Zubin Mehta, Alexander Treger, Evan Wilson, and Paul Philips.
- She began playing violin in China at age 4.
- She loves cooking all different kinds of food for her family.
- She enjoys watching Dallas Mavericks games and listening to 80’s rock with her husband (but not at the same time!)
- Bo and her husband John (principal cellist of PSO) has a home teaching studio, and they love bringing their son Max to all the concerts.
- Bo was in a Boyz to Men and Trisha Yearwood music videos!